The leaders of Turkey and Armenia agreed to continue their discussions aimed at opening the Armenia-Turkey land border for non-Armenian/Turkish third country citizens in the context of discussions on normalising relations. The sides also discussed the implementation of direct air cargo transportation between Armenia and Turkey.
On 6 January 2023, Turkey lifted its ban on direct cargo flights from Armenia. The spokesman of the Armenian Foreign Ministry also mentioned that the agreement on the opening of the land border to citizens of third countries will be implemented “very soon”.
Turkey opened its land border to Armenia for the first time in 35 years to allow third countries to deliver humanitarian aid to the areas affected by the earthquake.
- Fourth meeting of the Special Representatives of Armenia and Turkey
- The answer of the MFA Press Secretary to the media question
- In Prague, Armenia and Azerbaijan Make a Critical Move Toward Peace
- Turkey lifts ban on air cargo to Armenia
- Armenia-Turkey border opened for first time in 35 years to allow aid through